The popular seaside town of Weymouth with its bustling harbour is three miles to the east, the county town of Dorchester is 8 miles to the north and the attractive village of Abbotsbury, well known for its Swannery and Sub-Tropical Gardens is six miles to the west.
Chickerell has a village store, Post Office, newsagent, pharmacy, hairdresser, library and doctor’s surgery all within 300 yards. There are also two pubs offering a variety of food. Also nearby is Bennetts Water Gardens which has one of the most outstanding displays of water lilies in Britain.
Local Links and Attractions
- Kingston Lacy Stately home and gardens run by the National Trust
- Athelhampton House Stately home and gardens
- The Swannery and Sub Tropical Gardens at Abbotsbury Something for old and young
- Fleet Air Arm Museum
- Bovington Tank Museum
- Monkey world
- Dorset County Show Annual agricultural Show
- Melplash Show Annual agricultural Show
- West Dorset District Council Tourism
- Country Cottages in the UK